Monday, November 12, 2012

What do forts, notebooks, and shooting stars have in common?

Well, it is almost here - Thanksgiving.  Food, family, and football.  People are already stating to get their grocery lists, dining room tables, and stretchy pants ready. Bring. It. On.

Let's not forget what the day is really about - we are supposed to take time to give thanks for the great things in our lives on this holiday.  If I wait until Thanksgiving to think this through, I will be halfway into a tryptophan-induced coma before I am able to make my list.  So, tonight, as I find a few moments of quiet and calm to myself on the couch, I'm doing just that - making my list of what I will be giving thanks for this upcoming Turkey Day.

via here

I'm thankful for the fact that my life lead me to find Mr. C.  I don't remember the exact moment that I realized that he was going to my best friend for the rest of my forever, but I've been convinced of that fact for quite a few years now.

I'm thankful for the wet-nosed, bed-hogging, crazy-shedding dog named Murphy who joined our family.  From the moment that he licked my suede shoes at the shelter we adopted him from, I knew he was ours.  He is a good sport that puts up with me showing him human love by hugging him and petting him and snuggling him and I adore him when he shows me puppy love by giving licks to the face and dropping his favorite toys at my feet.



I'm thankful for a career that has a clear purpose which in turn gives me purpose.  Like most jobs out there, I experience tough days, stressful days, frustrating days, and long days in my job, but for every one of those days, there are those rewarding moments that make all of the tough stuff worth it.

I'm thankful for my healthy body.  Health is definitely something that is tough to appreciate until it is gone.  It takes effort to remember how special it is that I have muscles and joints that move like they should, a heart that pumps like it should, and senses that let me see, hear, taste, and feel like I should.

I'm thankful for chocolate.  Thai food.  Funfetti cake.  Blanket forts.  Pretty notebooks.  The color blue.  Lucky numbers.  etsy.  Pink nail polish.  New running sneakers.  Fuzzy socks.  Yankee candles.  Shooting stars.  Bargains.  Sea glass.  Traditions.  Organization.  Country music.

What is going on your list of things to be thankful for this year?

2 comments:

  1. my dog sidekick, of course. our cute home (particularly our movie room). and my man finally agreeing to the wedding of my dreams (which would be to elope, don't tell mom :) ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A movie room - how much fun is that? Is it in your basement? I'll bring the popcorn!

      Delete