Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Be A Hometown Tourist

Looking for something new to do this coming weekend?  Depending on where you are from, you may or may not be able to get away with this one, but I challenge you to be a tourist for a day in your town.  If you are like me, you probably have your favorite couple of restaurants that you tend to go to or a coffee place that you always grab a cup of joe from each morning, but have you really ever explored the area?



Imagine you were taking a trip somewhere far away, what you would plan on doing?  Would you look for cute shops to poke around in or maybe have a bite to eat at that "hole in the wall" restaurant only known by the most local of locals?  Would you stroll through a historical park or a spend an afternoon at a museum to take in some culture?
 

The town (or city, I suppose) that Mr. C and I lived in together for the past 3 years had parks, historical mansions, a river, restaurants, shops, cafes and more.  We really loved living there, but we probably missed out on plenty of gems by not looking around more closely in our time spent there.  We have just moved into our first true home together in a new town and a slightly new part of the state.  I'm really looking forward to becoming a local, but for now, we truly do feel like tourists in this new place as we search for the best pizza delivery place, maybe a mini golf spot, and perhaps even a small cafe that can become our perfect place for coffees and the Sunday paper.

Let me know what you find in your area by exploring like a tourist!

Until next time, travel on...
Maggie

2 comments:

  1. I highly recommend Tiny's for breakfast... and if you're looking for a really crappy but cheap bar stop by Carlin's. Hopefully it'll be karaoke night and you'll see some amazingggg things, lol. :) But in all seriousness, you guys and your pup are going to love having the rail trail right there, that was my favorite part :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to taking a weekend stroll on the rail trail! Perhaps a greasy spoon breakfast afterword as a reward?? Um, I love kar-eee-o-ke, so I'm there!

      Delete